Saturday, October 26, 2013

snaps on saturday

oops! I just discovered that this post got hung up in the system as a draft! 
day late, dollah short ;-)
sorry!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dinner at South Park Cafe in San Francisco....




Local Tomato Salad with Shallots....for me the Skirt Steak, for TheMostImportantGuy a Braised Vegetable CousCous, some beet puree and roasted brussel sprouts.  There was a delicious dessert, too....but I uhhh...
ate it. LOL

Then we met up with MizzCraftini and her hubby to see Dorado Schmitt & the Django All-Stars at the new SF Jazz Center.



SUPER great music. This is the stuff I listen to around the house most weekends. I have Hot Club of Paris CD's, but usually just plug "Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli" into Pandora, and of I go. Hours of Happy.

That really should have been a complete enough evening, but MyFavoriteKid was spending the night at a friend's, the dogs were at the pet sitter's, and TheMIG and I had the itch to keep going, so we stopped at a local dive bar on the way home.....


....where we saw a highly entertaining band that sang songs about things I can't mention here (because I don't want hits to the blog from people that are searching for lewd terms for male body parts LOL) 
A real hoot, though.  And there is nothing like a rock band that also has a trumpet.
We liked them A LOT :-D

I think we got to bed around 2am, which 15 years ago used to be early for both of us, but now is ridiculously late.  

 
 

0 comments: