Sunday, October 20, 2013

a good sunday

Wow, after that long day yesterday accompanying the kids on their competition, I "slept in" (and that's in quotes, because sleeping in only meant sleeping until 8:30am, but that's late for me!) and I woke up feeling like I had a hangover. But I didn't even drink yesterday!  I felt trashed most of the day, and I wasn't even the one competing yesterday!  I can't imagine how the kids must feel.

After a late breakfast, MyFavoriteKid headed off with his dad for their band practice together (rock band, with their first gig with MyFK as dummer set for mid-November).  TheMostImportantGuy and I went up to Napa and stocked up on groceries because my cousin is coming to visit this week.

We took a break in the middle of our shopping excursion for some lunch.


So great was the fake hangover feeling that I couldn't even consider pairing my lunch with a cerveza or margarita.

This place had some wacky-chic Mexicano decor.


My crappy cell phone pic doesn't show well that framed the Giants baseball jersey actually says "Gigantes"...hahaha! Awesome :-)

After shopping we came back home to YeOlHaus, I did some much neglected housework and laundry, and I also made two big pots of soup for us to dig into for the next few days.  A banged out a really delicious veggie lentil soup, and then I experimented with a mushroom miso soup that turned out so great it just about knocked my sock(s) off. I love fall!! Soup season!!


This week will be a bit busy, but fun. The cousin visiting is actually my dad's first cousin.  He just moved to Portland, and he was gracious enough to go up to Washington the week after Grammy passed to pick up several items that she left for family members.  This week he is taking a little tour of California delivering items to my family, and then he is headed down to Southern California to make more deliveries to his sister and one of my first cousins.  He might even stop and stay with us on his return trip back home.  I don't know him nearly as well as I would like to, and I plan to remedy that this week!

Alrighty, it's time for me to pack up the soups now that they have cooled, and catch some more much needed zzz's.....


0 comments: