Saturday, May 11, 2013

snaps on saturday

It's official.


I am entirely sick of this view.
*sigh*

It's actually not so bad when the music is good, and it most often is, but today was just horrible.  The judges in all 3 performance venues said it was the lowest scoring day in their entire careers.  At one point, a middle school concert band performed Queen's Bohemian Rhapsody. It's doable. I've seen it more than once. But the band that did it today was so bad it made my eyes water (real tears!), and when I turned back to look at the judges, one of them actually had his head in his hands (he might have been trying to cover his ears).  I think I heard Freddie Mercury actually turn in his grave, I shit you not.

At these things you sometimes see incredibly amazing band directors, and sometimes you see some that are not so good (or even bad). But today I saw couple that I swear to you may actually have been harming these poor kidlets. Like, damaging. It's a little sad.

I have one more day of this, next Saturday (and just Saturday, no Friday next week).
I hope we go out with a bang :-)

0 comments: