Wednesday, May 01, 2013

and tomorrow will be a better day

It just has to be a better day, because today sucked ass.

I think I have mentioned this before, but every 4 to 6 weeks or so, I get this thing I call "jumpy leg syndrome" in my short leg.  There's no rhyme or reason to why it happens (and I have analyzed it to death with the intention of not ever doing again whatever it is that causes it).  I know that it's nerve related, that it feels like it comes from the sacrum or down the sciatic nerve.  What I can say for sure is that it feels like I am being electrocuted and that I stop breathing for the few seconds it is happening (unless I am exhaling a curse), and that the moment it stops, it is gone.

But sometimes it happens periodically throughout the day.  And then there are times when it lasts for a few days. And then there are days, like today, where I wake up in the middle of the night with it, can't go to sleep, pain meds don't respond, and I get electrocuted every 30 seconds or so for hours and hours.  It's days like that when I finally whimp out, buckle, shed a few tears....and no matter what I do I can't get comfortable. My breath gets taken away so many times that I give myself a headache on top of it all, and my shoulders get so tense that I wish someone would send me a cabana boy for a massage (daaaaang, wouldn't that be nice?!!!)


Anyhow. I wasted an entire friggin' day due to this.  I took pain meds that made me super dopey but didn't take the pain away. I have been awake since 4am.  And I didn't do diddly squat except feed everyone that lives here.  Oh, and I knit a few rows!!  THAT was good!

So tomorrow will be better. I am sure of it.

1 comments:

Brooke said...

Big hugs friend. xo