Monday, January 07, 2013

such a beautiful moment


Tonight's sunset
 Mount Tamalpias as seen from Mare Island


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Judy commented on yesterday's post: 
What is the brand/model for this "Carson"? I am looking for one and this looks excellent 

Judy, I did do some research and shopping around.  I was originally bent on getting one (of the many options) from Zojirushi.  It's a brand I know I can trust (I have the best rice cooker ever, and it's a Zojirushi), but after much research, I decided to go another route with the instant hot water heater.

My "Carson" is a "Secura 4-Quart Electric Water Boiler and Warmer AirPot, 18/10 Stainless Steel Interior SWB-43".    This model was at least 1/2 the price of the comparable Zojirushi, but more importantly, it has a stainless steel interior. There is something that just rubs me the wrong way about sipping on water that has been steaming in plastic all day.  It sorta gives me that "itchy BPA feeling" if ya' know what I mean ;-)  There is also a similar model, the Secura SWB-42, but I liked that the -43 had a third setting for water temperature.

Carson has been serving me since Friday, and I am in heaven.  I am drinking quite a bit of herbal tea right now, and it's just been the best thing ever.  MyFavoriteKid is pretty enamored with Carson, too.  MyFK is bananas about the instant ramen concept (as if ramen could get any more instant than it was in the first place!).

Happy brewing!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update--heading out to look locally in a bit but so glad to have the amazon link!