Sunday, January 27, 2013

pass me a hankie

I just watched tonight's Downton Abbey (no spoilers here...I promise. Well, not full disclosure at least, but if you've been living under a rock, I am indeed repeating the same hint they've been sharing on NPR this week, so if you don't want the hint, then move along). 



I'd already heard earlier in the week from a few NPR announcers that tonight would be a night for a box of tissues.  How right they were.  Rumors have been swirling for a long time now that someone from the cast was going to perish this season, and all week I was trying to guess who it was. This morning I woke up and knew exactly who it would be. It just makes the most sense for future story lines.  And I was right.
But I didn't want to be right.
It was so sad :-(

Sad...and very well acted, all the way around.
(I predict many more Golden Globes, Emmys and SAG awards, don't you?)

1 comments:

The Bon said...

So, there is a little bit of solace to be found in that the storyline was written that way because the actor/actress had chosen to leave the show. There are articles out there about it, but most of them will further spoil you, so I'd avoid looking for them right now.