Friday, December 21, 2012

sometimes it's hard to be convincing

MyFavoriteKid is quietly a wee bit paranoid that the end of the world is near. 

Every rational conversation I have had with him (and there have been many) about 12-21-12 has been cancelled out by his dad's best buddy.  See, that buddy of his dad's owns a parcel of land up in the Sierras where he has built a bunker and filled it up with cans of soup and plenty of ammo and things like that....and that same friend took off work a few days ago to ride things out up there.

Thanks, dude.
So helpful.

(this should also illustrate why TheEx is THE EX, by the way)

Anyways. This morning, MyFK woke me up by pulling up all the blinds in my bedrooom and announcing to me that he thinks the world is on fire.

real photo of today's sunrise, totally untouched

To which I say, "...Red sky at morning, sailors take warning. It's just raining is all, dude."

He believed me.  Or at least he acted like he did.
Poor kid.
 



1 comments:

The Bon said...

Oh man, that's a hell of a creepy sunrise! But the day is over, we're into the next baktun of the Mayan calendar cycle and all is well. Hope he's reassured. (Sidenote: I can't imagine spending time with a doomsday prepper. I'm pretty sure it would mostly freak me out, even though I know better.)