Friday, November 16, 2012

it's shaping up to be a pretty good weekend, i do believe

Today was knitting with ladies, and it was a full house....then 11 of us went from there straight to lunch. I cannot begin to tell you how my life has changed having these women around.  Lordy, they make me laugh, they make me cry, they make me think, they make me forget about my petty little problems. It is a very good thing.

Tonight MyFavoriteKid had to go sit with the band in the bleachers for the football game because it was the playoffs.  They weren't slated to do a field performance at half-time, just spirit music from the stands. But he called just a few ago. The band aBANDoned the game (wha-wha-whaaaa) due to pouring rain. The game however, continued!  When I picked him up there were parents in the bleachers huddling underneath canopies they'd stuck up in the stands, and they were whipping about in the wind.

So, TheEX is about to pick up MyFK for the weekend, which is great. MyFK hasn't been there for several weekends due to so much band activity, with festival competitions and all. Love my kid, the break is long overdue. 

TheMostImportantGuy just got here, and it's our special day tomorrow....anniversary time.  We are going to spend the day at the zen center for a "1-day retreat," and the scoot out to a fancy vegetarian restaurant for a romantic dinner.  Movie after that maybe?  (I bet not. We're kinda old and tired these days! LOL)

Sunday we clean TheNewDiggs and decorate for Thanksgiving, which we are hosting for the first time...woot!  In the new kitchen! Woot-woot!  


Soooo...yah!  Shaping up to be a pretty good weekend, I do believe.

1 comments:

Kimberly said...

Hi, doll. Just getting around the reading this after several of our knitting group members - Sarah and Jean - told me about it and how it touched them. We love you so much and you are such a fabulous addition to our circle. It isn't as much fun when you can't make it on a Friday!