Monday, September 03, 2012

today, more bullet-ish


In the morning, an interesting little pop-up farmer's market sort of thing in downtown Vallejo.  We picked up some good looking produce and had some yummy crepes and locally roasted coffee.

In the afternoon, friends over for swimming and snacking and just plain hanging out at TheNewDiggs, this time folks with kids and dogs.
Total headcount:
Dogs=6
Big Humans=6
Little Humans=2
(I think Riley and Teeny were having so much fun that they thought I was throwing them a dog party)

In the evening, tending to my not-so-great looking hand. I accidentally punctured myself with a pair of very sharp scissors earlier in the day (hmmm...accidentally...like one would ever do that on purpose...sheesh), right near the base of my thumb on the palm side.  It's looking a little ugly at the moment and if it looks worse tomorrow, it may just warrant a trip to the docs office.  But I also have Riley's follow-up #2 with the vet tomorrow, so....I'm going to have to figure out how to squeeze that all in.   Besides the fact that my hand hurts and looks ugly, it's also hampering my knitting! Boo!


Thumb aside, it was a really fun 3-day weekend.  I hope y'all had a great one, too!


1 comments:

Kerry said...

Sorry about your thumb! Hope it looks better in the am. Sounds like a good time was had by all. I was fortunate enough to catch a farmers market Thursday and bought some amazing wine from a nearby vineyard I didn't even know existed. Wish there had been crepes there as well. They had fudge but I didn't dare sample. It looked way too good not to eat the entire container on the way home. At least wine is made from grapes. ;-)