Friday, July 06, 2012

a few pics from the road


A stop at the Olive Pit in Corning, CA.  The organizer of the retreat I an going to wrote and asked me to pick up several bottles of aged balsamic vinegar for her.  My find there for myself was an aged balsamic with espresso, which I found had a really deep interesting flavor.

I also pull over one of those open bottles of olives sitting there for sampling...all over lap (was in the wheelchair). Go team!  (you can dress me up, but you can't take me out LOL)

I stopped in Mt.Shasta City because I just cannot drive by any more. It's now a tradition to go into Village Books and buy a book, magazine, or audiotape from the road, and inquire about my sister (whom I bet you didn't even know I had, because I haven't seen her in 15 years).
 

The guy at the counter said he did indeed know her, said she came in about twice a week, and that she was an "unusual character" and had a flare for the dramatic (some things never change, apparently).  I told him I was her sister and all he said was, "innnnteresting."  LOL  I asked if she was happy, and he said that yes, he believed she was.  I told him to tell her that her sister said hello.

I bought a stick of sage from the bookstore that was made especially for the bookstore from local sage. Do you think I can use Mt.Shasta local sage to smudge my sister issues out??  LOLOL


Later in the day, lunch and veggie juices in Ashland, Oregon.


The juices were great. Not much else was though, unfortunately.

Then we got to Oregon and had dinner with TheBon and her hubby, and Jodie stopped by too, with their new baby who was adorable...and I don't know how I managed to not get one single photo once we got here.

Exhausted from major miles, so I off to bed soon...and another day of driving tomorrow!

0 comments: