Tuesday, April 17, 2012

just when you think things can't get any worse...

One more night (at least) where I don't have it in me to write a blogpost.

I'm too busy reeling from the news that the contractor that is remodeling the kitchen walked off the job today. In the middle of the job. We have a completely demolished kitchen with most of the electric done, most of the plumbing...but not all...and a ceiling and some walls.

We are screwed.

I know it's too good of a story for me to leave you hanging like that, but I honestly do not have it in me tonight to write about it right now. I am just now getting the news at 9:30pm after a day of worrying about issues with him, and I am just flat out of steam.

4 comments:

bibliogrrl said...

Oh my god. That is a giant pile of... well, you know.

I'll be thinking about you today, I hope you get some respite.

Lorena said...

WTF!!! That's just - what - I don't even -

Jen Anderson said...

Behavior like that just astounds me. My parents hired a friend of my cousin to fix their roof. He overlapped the roof shingles the wrong way, so it leaked. Then didn't take their calls or return their messages, even with the friend/family connection.

At least in your case, I assume you haven't paid him for the whole job. You hear all the time about contractors disappearing in the middle of jobs with promises to return, but to just up and quit? Ugh.

Sending happy vibes your way.

Lizknits said...

Oh no! That is awful! I happen to be right in the middle of remodeling my kitchen and I know exactly how "torn" up your kitchen must be. Right now we are waiting for new gliders for the cabinet drawers because the manufacturer sent the wrong ones but at least my contractor hasn't abandoned me - YET! Oh I'm so sorry. I hope you are able to get it resolved in some way soon so you can get your kitchen back! Hugs!