Monday, February 13, 2012

next up in the parade of knitted things: something not knit at all

Not too long ago, one of my dancer friends gave me a plastic bag containing several balls of yarn, a (somewhat boring) shawl pattern, and a lovely (Addi!) knitting needle with the partially completed project dangling project hanging from it.

The UFO (UnFinishedObject, for the muggles) had been passed along to her by a co-worker of hers. My dancer friend is a knitter herself, but she didn't want to deal with it. I thought I'd take a crack at it or pass it along to one of the high school kids.

It's very pretty. Its Manos. And there is LOTS of it.
6 skeins totaling 828 yards , I do believe (I'll know for sure once I frog the work in progress)...so there is plenty enough to make something substantial.

But I'm just not sure what to do with it! I think the first question that needs answering is if it is a color that looks good on me.


Or should I be knitting myself a felted purse or something that would go way far away from my face?

Thoughts?

2 comments:

Mountaingmom said...

Not an awful color, but not good.



frog it and ge it away from your face.

~Donna~ said...

I don't think it works as well as the reds do with your coloring. I think you are right in thinking it needs to go further away from the face area.

Is there enough for that skirt you've been wanting to make?