Sunday, February 26, 2012

bloomin' sick, is what i am

Everything is indeed in bloom, but what I had hoped might just be allergies is actually a head cold. It's been sneaking up like the creeping death since early last week, and after Stitches on Friday, I took a nose dive. Except for the vegetable gardening class series Saturday morning, I've been in my pajamas knitting, slurping soup, drinking tea, and blowing my nose. And watching season 1 of The Tudors, which is completely new to me.

I kept MyFavoriteKid at the other end of the house the whole weekend, when he wasn't out bike riding with friends, and I also dropped them off at the movie theater for a bit yesterday.
TheMostImportantGuy has been at the zen center since Friday for the annual 8-day meditation retreat, so I won't be infecting him, but he tells me that half the people sitting nearby him are coughing and sneezing. I'm sorry to miss the retreat this year, but I'm much happier tucked up and cozy with a cup of tea rather than sitting upright and focused on the floor.

I'm off to bed. Tomorrow I'll post a few pics of Stitches Booty!

0 comments: