Wednesday, January 11, 2012

snore...


Well, at least the miles and miles of stockinette stitch I am knitting are colorful miles! I'm so ready to be done with this, though. I'm doing this pattern, in the largest size. I am knitting with this yarn, but I also have the small version of this very same project also on the needles and at the halfway point. V.2 is being knit with yarn from Sincere Sheep, and the goal was to have it done sometime this century so should could use it as a shop sample. I'm really loving the colors of the second one. It's also got the purples and pinks, but the variegated section is replaced by a lovely shade of gray. The color scheme just has a really nice vibe to it.

As far as it being a snore-fest, it's not that there's anything wrong with the pattern---it's interesting enough. And I also think the finished garment is going to be lovely and worn a lot. I find that I wear the simpler things I knit far more often than the fancy. I also really like having a very simple project on the needles all the time, something I can pick up here and there without thinking about it much. Something I can knit on while we're watching a movie or whatever. The problem with simple knitting for me right now is that I feel like I am also experiencing the deep need of some sort of mind-numbling or at least slightly challenging project right now...for times when my head is busy and I need the knitting to shut it up. And I don't have anything like that in the works right now.

Anyhow, I'd probably be getting these two shawls done faster if I could just focus and knit more, but I keep finding myself at the computer trolling on Ravelry and looking at all the other things I could be knitting!

I might just need to whip out quick hat or something in the middle of all this just to keep myself from slipping into a knitting coma.



One of the reasons I am pushing to get these done is that one of my knitting goals this year is to either finish or frog (for the non-knitters, frog = rip out...get it? rip it. rip it.) anything projects that are laying around partially done. I'm sick of looking at them, and I'm sick of my needles being tangled up in a project that's not getting worked on.


My other knitting goals this year?

* Deal with the un-knit club kits (packages of yarn with a matching pattern) that are stacking up in the closet. I either need to knit them, sell/trade them, or match the yarn up to a different pattern (because when you sign up for a club, you almost always never know what you are going to get in the mail, and sometimes you just aren't into the project even if you like the yarn).

* And, I want to knit a skirt. I've been pondering the notion for years, and now is the time to do it.



What are your knitting goals this year?

3 comments:

Pickyknitter said...

You are the eleventy-th person to join me in 2012 - the year of finishing the UFOs. My goal is to complete 12 - one for each month - spread across knitting, weaving and crossstitch. I came up with it independently, and EVERY SINGLE knitter I have spoken to this year is on the same wagon. Yay us!

~Donna~ said...

At the beginning of Dec, I went thru my stash, took out the stuff I won't knit up, matched what was left to a pattern and a named recipient. I then treated myself to 7 new skeins, which are now patterned and matched up to a recipient too.

I have one UFO, my Juliet sweater.

Once I finish the project I currently have on the needles, I'm gonna work on Juliet, then I'm going to start pulling out a skein at a time and getting busy. :)

Bev said...

Knit a skirt! You'll love it. I have knit 2 skirts and 2 dresses this years. I'm also doing fingering sweaters. I know it's boring to knit more complicated projects than shawls and dk+ sweaters, but they are so worth it! I intersperse hats and mittens for a break. Bevqw on rav