Thursday, October 20, 2011

oooogy

I don't know what came over me, but today I ate a (big) chocolate chip cookie.


A doll I got that is supposed to remind me what it feels like when I eat crap.
But she was high on a shelf, out of my line of vision.
I have moved her to sit with me where I work on the computer.
~to remind me~

I haven't had processed sugar since mid-September, and I've had on a very miniscule bit of wheat or gluten.

I felt nauseous almost instantly, and even a little itchy. Within an hour I also had a little heartburn, the beginnings of a headache, and I even felt slightly dizzy. I instant messaged TheMostImportantGuy online to tell him what I'd done and how I was feeling, and that's when he reminded me that the cookie had eggs--which I am allergic to.

Ayyyyeeeearrrghhhhh!! In my cookie crazed moment, I knew I was making a poor choice with the sugar and wheat (which I am not allergic to, I just haven't had it in so long)...but I didn't even consider the eggs!! The eggs!!!!!!!!

I'm not happy at all to be feeling like crap, yet at the same time, I am sooooo happy to be feeling just like crap.

Instant feedback, even when it's negative feedback, is a very useful thing for me.
And this reaction is so noticeable, it's highly motivating to not want to pull that shit again.

3 comments:

painting with fire said...

No fun but as you say, highly motivating to not cheat. Am right there with you on wheat - so not worth it but sometimes so HARD to skip.

~Donna~ said...

Well, sometimes you just can't help yourself.

And you will learn the lessons one way or another. This I can guarantee. :)

Can you handle egg substitutes? They are ok in omelets and stuff, I have never tried baking with them though.

Linda said...

Love the doll. Hooray for you as you navigate these tremendous dietary challenges. What's up with finding a garlic substitute?