Thursday, August 04, 2011

that pink thing

I finished that frothy little pink thing that I cast-on for a couple of weeks ago....


The pattern is called Grand Lake, as it reminded the designer of the Grand Lake Theater, which for me was a cool little treat, because I used to live just a couple of blocks from there and would walk to the movies. The yarn came with the pattern as part of a club kit from A Verb For Keeping Warm, also of Oakland. It's alpaca, cashmere, and silk, and let me tell you....it was sooo lovely to knit with. It was like knitting whipped cream. Or clouds. Or petting kitties.

I'm not normally much of a light pink gal when it comes to wearing garments, but it's a flattering icy pink. As for knitting, well. I loved knitting with this color. Prior to casting on for this, I had been knitting on this off-white/natural and densely stitched scarf, and it was not doing a thing for my mood while I was trapped in the house playing DoggieICUnurse here. This knit was so soft and airy and light, and the pink was so (granola warning!) healing to work with, like handling rose quartz, that it created a complete shift in my mood. The pattern was well written and just interesting enough to not fall asleep, but just repetitive enough to not always have to be staring at the chart.

Here's a link to the Ravelry Project Page.








I am now jumping on the Westknits Mystery Shawl train. Times two. At the same time.
And I'm also just about to cast-on for a little fall sweater.
Knitting mojo hath returned.
Woohoo!!

3 comments:

~Donna~ said...

It's LOVELY.

I'm going to knit another Damask shawl. I just LOVED knitting it.

This Grand Lake is so pretty tho, I just might have to do that one too!

JohnK said...

Nice!!

thestashattacked said...

Ooooo... Pretty!