Wednesday, July 27, 2011

i get by with a little help from my friends


My friend Cathy on the east coast sent me this mug.

TheMostImportantGuy is working from my house for the next few days so I can go to Sock Summit.

Robingail of the comments (who I also know in real life, from overlapping circles, knitting and dance) is coming to dog-sit and give TheMIG a break on Friday so he can go to the office.

My mom has made herself available if anything comes up over the weekend.

My vet is there 7 days a week, should problems arise (but the dog is looking good lately! huzzah!).

KarenTheDancingLurker is taking care of dance class this week, even though we're in the middle of a performance series with our students (and ourselves).

My friend TheBon is putting me up in Oregon and tour-guiding me around through Sock Summit.

My friend Lorena of the comments sent me buttons that I can wear at Sock Summit so her compadres and I can all try to spot each other.

And all of YOU have been so wonderfully supportive here lately...



...honestly. I don't know what I'd do without all of you.
THANK YOU!!!

Tomorrow I drive. LOTS.

8 comments:

The Bon said...

HUZZAH!

M-H said...

I'm so glad you're going. Have a great time; you've really earned it.

Lorena said...

I am doing a happy dance for you -- not just that you get to go to Sock Summit (wheeeeee!) but that you have such rocking, caring people in your life. Friends are the best. :-)

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Oh YAY! Have an absolutely wonderful time!

Cate said...

yaaaay! I'm so glad it's working out.

love the mug.

Unknown said...

I'm SO glad you're going.

Ruth Spears said...

The driving.......but you are fortified with Spaghetti-Os--although I question the meatballs!

not supergirl said...

Have fun! Loads of fun!