Monday, July 25, 2011

the barometer of craving

The dog is looking muuuuuuch better. Finally. I think he's responding well to the new antibiotics. No funky infected smells, no wounds re-opening. In fact, he's barking when neighbors walk by the window with their own dogs, and he's even acting playful towards Teeny (which sounds great, except he's still not supposed to be jumping around because the stitches are still in, including the ones holding his fractured jaw together.

Me? Still cabin fever. And it's still playing with my head some.
I know that because all day I have had an unsatisfied craving for one of my most quirky comfort foods: spaghettios.

funny to note: those links go to posts from way back in 2006, and none of my quirks have changed. not a one.

8 comments:

FUZZARELLY said...

Haven't posted, but have been following the drama. So glad that the pooch is Healing! I've been worrying, for all the good that does.

The Bon said...

D also craves spaghettios sometimes. I never ate them as a kid so they kind of gross me out. Maybe he'll eat them this weekend while I'm gone. :)

Gina said...

Oh my gosh, I haven't thought about spaghettios in years. I used to babysit with the two kids next door to my parents, and I swear the only things they would eat were KFC chicken and spaghettios. I don't have fond memories of either one - perhaps it was overexposure. After what you have been through the past few weeks, feel free to help yourself to a Costco-size carton of spaghettios or whatever other comfort food you crave. Glad to hear the pooches are finally on the road to recovery. Take care of yourself as well.

~Donna~ said...

Spence and I tried Spagettios way back when he was about 3ish. I had always loved them when I was a child.

We both agreed they weren't as yummy as mommy remembered they were. hee hee.

Glad doggies are feeling better. More healing hugs along the interwebs for them.

Lorena said...

HAH! I was just about to email you and ask how Riley was doing. Thank you for psychically sensing my curiosity and answering my question!

:-)

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

So glad to hear he's doing better. I wish I lived closer to you so I could take over doggy duty (I said 'duty' not 'doody') so you could go out and play for a while!

not supergirl said...

So good to see a dog update that is positive, what a huge relief it must be! Hang in there!

Robingail said...

Hey Ms B - so so so glad to see the good news about Riley! What an ordeal; how much of a relief it is that he is finally coming back around!

The cabin fever is very understandable. It seems like this might be a long shot, but do you still have a chance of being able to take your trip to Oregon?? Would having some in-house dog-sitting make a difference?

I'm in Berkeley, and would be more than happy and available to come up the road and hang out with your sweet pooches (and bring my own knitting and comfort food with me :-), if it would help you be able to go to SS...

If this would make a difference for you, you have just to say the word - I mean it!!