Tuesday, December 21, 2010

happy new year

I realize it's not the new year's day that appears on your calendar, but for me this is really feeling like the turning of a corner. At some point last night I stepped outside to look at the moon and it felt like New Year's Eve to me, and today oddly felt a bit like New Year's Day in some ways.

I am far more connected to the shifts of the seasons than I am to the conventional holidays. Winter Solstice has always been a big deal for me, but to have this one happen this year with a full moon, and with a full lunar eclipse??


And it being the first time since 1638 that a lunar eclipse has happened on the Winter Solstice??
It just feels....important.


Happy Winter, happy turning of the wheel, happy return of the sun, happy longest night.
xoxo

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Winter to you too.

Love, Karen TDL