Sunday, November 14, 2010

too much in, not enough out

Very unintentionally, I feel like I am subjecting the blog here to a test:
how long can I keep up daily blogging without really saying anything of substance?

I'm not too worried about it. Blogging daily for a year at a time, in my opinion, leaves opportunities for lots of ebb and flow. But I don't intend to be doing what I am doing with the lack of solid content, that's for sure...which then causes me to wonder why it is happening.

One of the reasons is that I am just flat out busy. Finding time for myself to do anything seems to be quite the challenge lately. Another reason is that some of the things I probably should be writing about are things that I can't quite figure out how to get onto "the page." I lack the skills.

I have been thinking much about this lately, especially as this year begins to draw to a close and I need to decide what that means for me and the blog next year.

But the other thing that is happening is that I believe I am processing lots of information coming in, and it's somehow bottle necking the flow of energy out. For example, this weekend, I am listening to an audiobook by Mark Twain, I am watching a long documentary about Thomas Jefferson, and I am reading Ernest Hemmingway. And I am thinking about all of it. Lots.

I am not writing much, dancing much, and I my knitting is garter stitch (for the non-knitter, garter stitch is as basic as it gets), and it might just be that this is because there is so much coming in, I can't get other things out. Is this making any sense? Or I am just cuckoo.

Now that I've identified that this is a possible part of my writer's block, let's see what happens.

-----
Posted (with love) from my iPad

0 comments: