Tuesday, September 14, 2010

the new tuesday

Tuesdays are now hellish, from now until May. Have I told you?? I don't even know if I have blogged about this!

MyFavoriteKid auditioned for the Napa Valley Youth Symphony a couple of weeks ago. He was accepted into their entry level Wind Sinfonia. Rehearsals are two hours long, about 30 minutes north of us, right after school, and on the day that I also cover two convalescent hospitals which are about 45 minutes south of us.

From here on out, I am basically off and running solid from the 6am wake-up alarm, until MyFK's bedtime. Bananas.

Anyhow, I've been kind of stressing about what the long day away from home is going to look like, and I was so worried about it, I even signed Riley (TheDogDogDog) up at this little doggie-daycare place on Tuesdays so that he is not home alone moping all day.

But this morning?? On my first go at this?
I got me, my sassy-pants haircut, and my new lipppy-gloss out into the car, popped on the radio and Guns-N-Roses was blaring, and I dunno what happened! Suddenly I was quite happy, and for some very odd reason, it just all felt manageable.

I must be experiencing a throwback to my youth or something. Like when I was twenty-something and I could work a full day, rock an entire To-Do list, AND still go out clubbing all night (ok well, maybe I'm not experiencing that much of a throwback), and get up the next day and do it all over.

1 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Rock on...(looking for a lighter to hold up as you do an encore)