Thursday, August 26, 2010

i think i'm just gonna do this right now and get it over with

I'm not particularly inspired to post tonight because I am just feeling downright overwhelmed. I didn't sleep well last night and today has been a whole lot of work and running around...but I don't think that is what has me with that "butterflies on crack" feeling in my tummy.

I think what is really gnawing at me is what is about to happen with the rest of my evening.

I have to leave in 45 minutes to get to the studio and set up for tonight's Dress Rehearsal (our students are performing Saturday night. I'm not in the show this time...I'm part of the production team, and I'm kind of freaking out about it. I'm running the sound system and the lightboard, and I've never done it before. I only got one crack at it last week, and that was during the Tech Rehearsal, which was more about setting the lights and sound, rather than actually doing it...if ya' know what I mean.

The task itself feels more difficult than actually performing, for some reason. I am sure it's just because it's a new skill and it's due to the fact that I'm usually the performer and on the other side of the box. I get that. I think I'm just flipped out that I'm going to miss a cue, or press the wrong button, or (*eek! horrors!*) put in the wrong CD. I'm probably so worried about these things because I have been the dancer at the other end of these errors (every. single. one of them. yes.), and although I am a solid enough to performer to weather them, it does take a level of skill to weather them and still hold my center. I would never wish the situation on anyone, so I most definitely do not want to be the cause.

Anyhow...tonight will go very late, and then I will hit a wall of traffic coming home due to the late night closures of the freeways while they do overnight construction.
Doody.
I guess the traffic jam will at least give me plenty of time to reflect on what I could have done better LOLOL ;-)

1 comments:

not supergirl said...

How did it go?