Friday, August 13, 2010

a follow-up

A follow-up to yesterday's post.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Me: So, how did the WEB Leader training go today?

MyFavoriteKid: Good! I have to call 4 kids that will be in our group to introduce myself and remind them to come to orientation on Monday. My partner has to call the other 4.

Me: OH YEAH! I forgot about that! Who'd you get matched up with?? A hottie?!

MyFK: Actually, I got matched up with a guy.

Me: Hahahahahahahahahaha.

MyFk: It's because partners need to be in the same advisory class (ie homeroom), and the Leaders from my advisory are all guys. But actually, this is great. Most the other groups have three Leaders, two girls and one guy. And the girls just stand around blah-blah-blah-ing, and then the guy stands there looking an idiot!! I'm glad I got matched up with a guy. We'll be the only ones that get anything done!!

Me: Hahahahahahahahahaha.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I do understand that laughing is not always the best parenting technique, but sometimes I just can't control myself.

2 comments:

Gwen said...

Ha!

I think laughing is one of the best parenting techniques. It's good for aggravating the child, embarrassing the child, not strangling the child, reacting to the child's fart jokes... Never stops being useful.

~Donna~ said...

I totally agree Gwen!!! Laughing is good reaction for just about everything.

Now back to playing with my new spinning toy...a bike wheel truing stand...