Wednesday, August 25, 2010

finally finished some knitting

I finally finished up the socks I was working on.





Seems like they took forever, and they are only ankle socks for crying out loud.
I love 'em.


Ravelry Project Page. here.
Pattern: In Season, by Melissa Morgan-Oakes, available here.
Yarn: A Verb for Keeping Warm, Creating: Superwash Sock, colorway "Mermaid"
Started: July 18th
Finished: August 24th (In my defense, I'm always working on multiple things simultaneously. Oh, and knitting is "supposed" to be a fun hobby for me, not a contest. It's the path, not the destination. Blah. Blah. Blah.)



I updated my Ravelry page with this project and then "stood back" to admire the project I've accomplished so far this year, which is sadly quite minimal (two pairs of ankle socks, a hat, a scarf, and a shoulder shawl...whoop-dee-doo).

I immediately cast-on for a new hat with the brown handpsun I made a couple of weeks ago in an attempt to lift myself out of the little hole of self-judgement I had dug myself into, based on that realization. Didn't help much, because even though the hat is looking cute and whipping right along, I was working on it instead of cleaning the house, so got on myself about that instead.

I'm so much fun...LOL.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

Gorgeous socks! I love 'em.

Mouse said...

Oooh.. very pretty! I love everything I see color-wise from Verb!

~Donna~ said...

The socks look great!

Some day you'll learn not to beat yourself up about housework.

When you do, let me know how you did it. :)

AllyB said...

Love yer socks. Sorry I've been away and just trying to catch up. Hope the MIGs Dad gets through surgery ok. I'll be thinking about you all.