Monday, July 12, 2010

a good day to dye

Posting a bit earlier than I have been, because honest to god I do believe I'm going to be able to keep myself awake past tonight's closing festivities. Fun can be so taxing ;-)

Today I had the silk dying class with Tina...



...who besides being an amazing artist and business woman is about one of the coolest ladies I have ever met.

As requested, I handed my camera off. Once. So here it is. The one, the only.

I know it looks like I am dyeing something horrid in that photo, but what it turned out to be is this luscious pale grey silk roving that has some very subtle shades of pink and purple behind the grey. It's exactly what I was going for and I love it.

I also did this blues-purples sort of thing...


It's a 3-ply, two of the plies wool, one silk. Fun times.
I dyed some other stuff, but it's too wet for me to fiddle with photos just yet.

One of my favorite moments from today is when I took a little stroll outside after breakfast and spotted an eagle on top of a totem pole.



Not gonna see that at home, that's for sure!

Off to dinner and then a final gathering together, then we all scatter into the wind.

1 comments:

Gwen said...

Wow! Wow! and Amazing! (eagle on totem!!!!!)

My kid told me yesterday that on their summer camp hike through the wilds of Sausal Creek in Oakland, they saw a dead rat and the head of a dead baby bald eagle. Hmmmmm....

Your real live actual bald eagle is not only more believable, but much better.