Tuesday, June 08, 2010

This morning I woke up, and I swear the first thought that popped into my head was:
"Hoooo-boy. That post I made last night made NO sense, and I should bury it RIGHT NOW underneath a NEW post so that no one will ever read it."

I was about to do just that and then found the comment some of you left, and my panic subsided a bit. I guess it made a little bit of sense, at least *phew*. I've had more thoughts on the topic throughout the day, and I will be back to continue (famous last words).

Here's what I was going to bury the post with, just for kicks and giggles.....



the last school lunch box of the year

MyFavoriteKid has two more days of school to go, but they are minimum days, so he will eat lunch at home instead of my packing him something. I realized that this morning as I was packing it. I'm done! (for awhile)

I'm really glad MyFK prefers to bring lunch. I know the school lunch program is better than it used to be, but it really is mostly crap. Today his lunch was some smoked salmon, whole grain crackers, and steamed green beans. The "snack" (which he eats on an earlier break) was crappish, though. Chips, a slice of jerky, a piece of chocolate...and some cheese and apples, at least.

I'm sick to death of packing lunches, so I'm glad for the shift. It's going to be nice to not have to find things that he will find yummy eaten cold and still hold up well in a backpack that is tossed around 14 times before the lunch box is opened.



Now: I can't get the dog to come inside and it's pissing me off because I want to go to bed. He's barking hysterically at something near the fence. I'm so irritated I just shut the door on him and turned of the light in the yard. Like that's going to help.

2 comments:

FUZZARELLY said...

Have you or the MIG ever read the book called Zen Physics?

http://www.daviddarling.info/works/ZenPhysics/ZenPhysics_ch1.html

It made so much sense to me. Maybe should track it down and re-read.

~Donna~ said...

Spencer has been making his own lunch for a few years now. I was so happy when he started doing that...packing lunches for the both of us got really old, really quick.