Friday, January 29, 2010

yay more socks

Hey. I just want to say a big thanks for all the comment this week, you guys. It was really a treat to hear from y'all. *hugs*

Now.
More socks.


Another pair of socks, done. And again, as part of a KnitAlong with the Sock Knitter's Anonymous group. These socks qualified in the December category for "Almost Socks" (because they are short). I love them because in summer this is pretty much the only type of sock I wear!

* Ravelry Project Pageg
* Started: 12/31/09
* Finished: 1/29/10
* Pattern: Just your standard sock. I winged it.
* Yarn: Crown Mountain Farms Sock Hop, "Riders On The Storm"
* Needles: US 1½ / 2.5 mm
* Notes: This was my first time knitting socks with handspun (though I didn't spin it myself, I learned about my spinning by knitting with it). The socks have a folded cuff. In retrospect, had I skipped doing that, I may have had enough yarn to do the whole sock. Instead, I had to use a contrasting color for the toe. I like it though. The red gives the socks a bit of a SockMonkey quality, which I find pleasingly silly. I'm tempted to needle felt some eyes on there and make a face!

0 comments: