Tuesday, January 19, 2010

ten on tuesday w/a side of shameless self promotion & a contest!

~~Ten On Tuesday~~
10 Songs You’re Embarrassed to Like

I started thinking about this topic when it was announced last week, and I decided that my plan would be to make mental note of every really ridiculous song that I heard on the radio that I caught myself singing along to. You know, the songs that not only are you embarrassed to like, but oddly you also know every single word. Unfortunately, my strategy for making the list didn't work out so well. All week I listened to audio books and lectures, or my own music cd's (none of which I am embarrassed to like).

So. I can't name 10 Songs. What I probably can name though are 10 BANDS that I am embarrassed to like. And they probably all have guys with really big hair in spandex pants.
Like this:


Don't worry.
I won't bother with 9 other pictures LOL ;-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In other news.....

I was going to keep my mouth shut about this, but what the heck. If you are a "Raveler", you might want to go check out the voting page for this year's Bobby Awards. There are many fun categories, actually...but DO specifically check out the ballot for "Funniest Ravatar". It turns out that yours truly has been nominated!

~AmpuTeeHee~

I had no idea I had been nominated (in fact, I didn't even know what a Bobby Award was) until someone pointed it out to me a couple of weeks ago. I decided I wasn't going to toot my own horn here on the blog about it because it sorta feels like stuffing a ballot box or something, but what the heck. Sheesh, I didn't even vote for myself! I voted for the one that says:


I've seen it 27 times now and still makes me chuckle. Every. Single. Time.

I also really like the men of Star Trek doctored up to be wearing handknit rainbow colored ski hats with ear flaps. Awesome.


So do vote for who you want, of course..but if I win I can then come back and tell y'all what a Bobbie Award IS exactly, because I don't actually know (do I get a trophy and do I get to make an acceptance speech? hahaha)



Oooooo! Now, here's a trivia question for you! Oooo! And let's make it a contest!!

In her senior year at high school, Ms.AmpuTeeHee was nominated for which category in the year book?
(hint: it was not most likely to succeed...heehee)

Whoever is first to get it right? I'll send you a handknit reuseable coffee cup cozy to replace those cardboard sleeves, and I'll buy you a coffee (or two or three) in the form of a giftcard to go with it.

You game?

I'll announce the winner here on the blog the same day The Bobby Awards are announced, k? (I'm not sure exactly when that is actually. If someone can figure that out, please let me know. I think it might run til the end of January.)

Have fun! :-)

4 comments:

jodi said...

Dear gods, is that Whitesnake up there?

Okay. I was shopping for groceries at the No Frills the other day with my two housemates who are in their early 20s. "Photograph" by Def Leppard came on and I was SO HAPPY. But composed myself quickly enough not to be observed totally rocking out. Heh.

~Donna~ said...

I know the words to most every song before 2007. And I always sing along when out in public. I don't realize I'm doing it most of the time.

Always embarrasses the teen. :)

Most likely to do time?

It's so opposite who you are now, that it just might be...

~Donna~ said...

PS, I saw about the Bobby nomination on the sock club forum and voted for you already. :)

Linda said...

My goodness, you deserve an award for taking that photo on any grounds, whenever.