Tuesday, January 05, 2010

hello from hilo & ten on tuesday



view from the back of the hotel
(Uncle Billy's in Hilo)

We have been in Hilo for 3 nights and MyFavoriteKid and I are having a blast. Can't say much more about it at the moment however, because we are staying at a mom & pop hotel where internet service is odd. There is wireless (for a fee), and you have to sit on one of two very specific couches to get the signal. Not that I mind. I came here for the local vibe anyhow ;-)

Today we drive over to the other side of the island to stay at a more resort like place, and I've been promised free wireless/high speed internet throughout. If that's true, more to come.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Written before I departed to serve as an autopost...but it's Tuesday, so here it is anyhow!



Next week: 10 Things You're Looking Forward to in 2010

1) collaborating on a group dance piece for March's Rakkasah
2) helping my dance students put together a student performance
3) working on new stuff I want to throw into my teaching mix
4) more time at the zen center, including a few retreats
5) the knitter's retreat in October
6) taking a trip over the summer with MyFavoriteKid
7) setting up a shed full of earthquake supplies
8) investigating the possibility of new/different prosthetic
9) having a smaller, more manageable garden in spring
10) putting in a deck outside the backdoor so it is more useable




1 comments:

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

We LOVED Hilo! To me it's where the 'real' people live on the big island. Did you get a chance to visit the Lyman Museum and their home next door? The house is very New England style - as both of the Lymans were from NE. Pretty cool.

Have a wonderful rest-of-your vacation!