Friday, November 06, 2009

Last night TheMostImportantGuy and I went to see one of my all time favorite bands in concert:

Múm
photo filched from their MySpace page
yo' my knitterly peeps! lookie!
not only do they make great music,
but they have awesome sweaters (the band is from Iceland)
AND they know how to hang with fiber producing animals!



I've seen the band perform before. Last night was no exception--they were totally amazing. Their music strikes such a chord with me that seeing it live just deepens my love for them. There's something about their music that just...well, let me just say that my eyes welled up with happy-tears no less than four times.

As I left the concert, I knew that I was going to want to blog about the show, but then I realized that I was going to have a really tough time trying to put it all into words.

I mean, they look like this:


...but they feel like this:

those last two shots taken by me
San Francisco '09 Independent

...and they sound like this:



When I came out of the show, the best I could come up with as a description was, "And then! And then! And then! There was a teeeeeny plastic piano...and it had a straw you blow through! And then the Ukelele Pixie and the Cello Fairy came and they danced! And it's like there is pixie dust! And then! And then! They all play kazooooos!!"

TheMIG just said, "Twinkly." Which he then amended to, "Plinky".

He's always more succinct.


Okay, well....if you liked the music, here's another one to send you off to sleep with :-)
G'night.

I Can't Feel My Hand Any More, It's Alright, Sleep Still.

3 comments:

~Donna~ said...

Very cool. I've added a few of their CDs to my wish list on the CD swap club.

FUZZARELLY said...

Very cool! Gotta love Iceland.

bibliogrrl said...

"There was a teeeeeny plastic piano...and it had a straw you blow through!"

Yay melodica!One of my favorite instruments!