Thursday, November 12, 2009

another in my cast of characters

Ohhhhhh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh!

It's 11:44pm, I just got home and am settling down after dance class...and I don't have a blogpost done for today (and there is no way I am going to get the retreat post done at this hour--I've blown it again). And I reallllly want to go to bed.

Lemme do this much.
Let me introduce you to one of the ladies from the knitting circle at the convalescent hospital that I volunteer at.

I'm going to introduce you to Marie. Marie is always cold and is usually buried under several blankets. She doesn't knit, but she almost always comes to our group and joins us at the table. She loves to look at what people are working on and what I've knit that I might be wearing. I bring magazines that she will flip through, and the activities director often brings us tea and cookies to share. She usually falls asleep sometime mid-cookie.

After a couple months of coming, Marie showed up saying she'd like to try to knit. I was very excited! I whipped out some supplies and cast-on and knit a row for her. I sat behind her/next to her and I helped her through her first few stitches. I left her to work on it for just a minute while I helped someone else at the table untangle a mess, and when I turned back to her to see how she was doing.......



Ok. There's your bedtime story ;-)
And now *I* go to bed!!

5 comments:

not supergirl said...

That's pretty sweet.

~Donna~ said...

If ever there was a candidate for a SNuggie, Marie is it!

That is really sweet!!!

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Ok that is just cute!

~Donna~ said...

Mojo update...please concentrate it all on my son getting into a new school. All the forms, shadow days, placement tests, interviews and hoop jumping is done. Now we wait.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

no supergirl ~ :-)

donna ~ NO SHIT! Gosh, I should get her one.

no-blog-rachel ~ :-)

donna ~ more mojo. doing it.