Tuesday, May 12, 2009

kvetchup on your fluff?

Yah, I know. Where'd I go?
Every single day I have thought about blogging my life's petty dramas, but ringing in my ears is the voice of my grandfather:

"If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all."


Here's a funny little disconnect for you, though. Even though I recall these being my grandfather's words, I am not sure that I ever heard him actually say them. In actuality, I think it was always my mother saying, "You know, your grandfather always used to say.....," yet I still mentally process the whole schpeel as coming from him. Interesting, aint it?

Anyhow. "Not saying anything at all" is exactly what I have doing here at the blog, obvioulsy. A couple of people that know me real time have said, "Sooooooooo...I've noticed you haven't be posting much," but it wasn't until tonight when I was having dinner at my folks (and by the way, they let me knit after dinner at the table this time---woohoo!) that I realized what my last post was. Mom said, "....cuz I'm really gettin' sick of seeing that old guy in the hallway!"

Oh jeez. Sorry about that kids. Even though I was hoping it had an effect.

But back to avoiding the blog as a way of avoiding complaining (hint: it's not working. Wherever you go, there you are.). If you follow along, this is old news: I am a chronic complainer. I have determined that this is my nature, and that complaining (out loud) is a crucial step in my process of "letting it go". And I can't stand that I do it. And I am trying to change it. And it's a very hard habit to break. Gah. I know that I still need to "process" things.....that part is never going to change....but I'd love it if my process was a wee bit different. I'm not sure yet if that means more quietly, more quickly, or just less. Or something entirely different.

Meanwhile, as I still bumble through my days bitching about all the injustices point at meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....I do know that when I look around me at the "state of things" that I really have not much to complain about. Often times throughout the day I find myself feeling grateful for things big and small, and I truly find life to be amazing and wonderful, and I feel completely blessed with the current state of things. Then some asswipe cuts me off in traffic so badly that I fear for my safety, or the cats let a live lizard loose in my bedroom, or a friend dumps me, or reahearsing for the concert gets all goofed up....and then I'm kvetching again. *sigh*

Here's some fluffy photos for you while I sort it all out.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm still having fun with the spinning. This came in the mail in April from A Verb For Keeping Warm (the Wooly Wonders Fiber Club).

It's 4oz of 100% Corriedale wool, colorway "The Candle's Nimble Flame". I spun it up using a spindle.


that's my fancy new plying tool from Golding

I spun up all 4 ounces and then spun up another single out of BFL and plied it all together. I have about 350 yards total, and it came out to be a sport weight. Here's a link in Ravelry.


I have no idea what I'm going to knit with it yet. I was thinking it would make an awesome Baby Surprise Jacket because the color repeats are so long, but TheBon was kind enough to remind me that it isn't superwash. I have no desire to make my mommy-friends hate me for having to handwash, so scrap that one. I think it will be a scarf of some sort. I've been swatching a couple of stitch patterns.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I also knit this big fat scarf. Ravelry Link.




The buttons are vintage shell.
Pattern here. I really enjoyed knitting it up. I would totally do this again. My version is in a Super Bulky yarn, which may be a bit of overkill, but I think it looks great. Probably won't get much use 'til next winter though---the weather up here already has us up into the 80's!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

There IS lots to write about. This is my blog, and this should be an outlet, and I think about it. every. single. day.
And at the same time, I am just sick to death of listening to myself.
I'm not sure if that makes any sense, and I don't have any idea what to do about it.
Kinda sucks.

8 comments:

The Bon said...

So, as you know, I'm also a complainer. And a grouser. And I'm trying to stop that because I'm tired of letting things hang on and eat at me. So, when things get bad I stop whatever I'm doing and just repeat "Grump grump grump grump GRUMP!" at the top of my lungs, usually while waving my arms. It seems to break my cycle of grump and make me laugh. It might not work for you, but it might be worth a shot to find some kind of silly that helps break you out of the grumps.

Mouse said...

I'm glad you posted.. I've missed you! I love the yarn - its enough to make a nice sized shawl!
(also, my word verification is :Wrapahol - it sounds like a lace knitters drug. lol)

not supergirl said...

I've missed you too! I can relate to the complaining thing. I find myself doing it way more frequently than I'd like to admit. I love The Bon's suggestion and will try to remember it next time. I shouldn't have long to wait... LOL

Dani B said...

You are tired of listening to yourself, but your readers aren't :)

MonikaRose said...

hey girl, great colors, love that scarf...have a great day :)MOnikaORse

Gray said...

I have missed your entries also, but I appreciate the gazillions that you have already written.

Every day I take the train past another kind of fluff- the original building where Marshmallow Fluff was made from 1929-1934.

Lovely yarn!

~Donna~ said...

Hi! Waving madly thru the computer. Missed your posts. :)

Pickyknitter said...

I never ever think you complain. It is your blog! You are not here to entertain us. But I don't mind if you do :)

On the other hand, some troll leaves nasty messages on my blog saying I am a complainer, so maybe I am not the best judge.

Either way I am always happy to read your posts, miss you when you are gone, and love your new spindling project. Just beautiful!