Monday, November 10, 2008

he stays

I decided to let it ride out the weekend before making a decision, but it's official. NewBlackKitten is staying. The animals are all getting along marvelously. The kittens are playing together like a couple of nuts. The dog was mopey and feeling a little left out, but he seems to be getting over it. And NewBlackKitten has been to the vet, has his first round of shots and tests, and has a clean bill of health.

Here he is, Mr.Darcy (you know--from Pride & Prejudice).
Do you see the resemblance?




NewBlackKitten as Mr.Darcy ~and~ Colin Firth as Mr.Darcy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Well, I do. Don't you?
No?
Maybe this will change your mind?



He kitten acts like Mr.Darcy, too. Aloof, misunderstood, and isn't quite wired with the best of social skills ;-)

So now the NewBlackKitten has his name, as well as the beginnings of his slew of nicknames. I call him Mr.Darcy, or just Darcy. TheMostImportantGuy asked me what the character's first name is in the book, and I when I told him Fitzwilliam, he started giggling and is now calling him that, and sometimes just Fitz. MyFavoriteKid is calling him Mr.D. And now I have somehow started calling him KitTingTong (whereas Gaara the orange tabby is KittenHead).



If you arebig Colin Firth/Mr Darcy fan like I am, I ran into this next clip, and it's just for you. If you need a laugh :-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like Mr. Darcy is well loved already. Hooray for new kitties!

Mouse said...

OMG the cat really DOES look like Mr.Darcy! The markings even look like a ruffled shirt under his neck.. that's too weird. Such a cutie! I love the second video. ROFLMAO -- "I'm not a madame!!"

Carol said...

I would like to say I'm surprised, shocked, aghast that the kitteh stays, but you are such a loving, kind-hearted person, I kind of figured it would work out that way.

Now I can't decide which I'd rather have in my house more: Mr. Darcy or that adorable kitteh...

~Donna~ said...

Loved the clips...prrrrowrrrr on the first one. Glad Kitty D is getting along well with the rest! And he does look like he has a little ruffled shirt on and a raised brow. He's adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

Perfect name! And congrats on the new addition.

Anonymous said...

Well, of course you are keeping him. Duh. ;)

I like "Darcy," just plain "Darcy." And we have nicknames for our kitty, too, e.g., Muffinhead, Honeyhead, Muffincup, and of course Kitty. Since cats make their own strictly situational decisions about whether or not they will respond when their names are spoken, precise naming habits seem sort of superfluous.

Anyway, mazeltov.

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

OOOH! I didn't think there was ever a question of the kitten staying. HEHeehee

Love the name. The resemblance is uncanny. I had a sheep that I named Mr. Darcy. Colin Firth played the best Darcy, wouldn't you agree?
And I must ditto what Carol said but who I'd rather have in my house. Hubby might have issues with a Mr Darcy, but he might be convinced to tollerate another kitten...