Monday, September 29, 2008

pardon the cursing

I am so tired. So. Very. Tired.

Mondays seem to be even tougher than usual now that I am having that weekly appointment in San Francisco with the guy that is working on my scar tissue. The trip into the city at that time of the morning (during the commute) is draining, and as I mentioned before, having the work done is pushing allllll my buttons. Good news is that as of next week I am trying out a new time slot to see if the traffic is any lighter at the new time.

I am so beat.

And I just had this fantabulous idea that I would force myself to go to bed at 10pm, whether there was more to be done around the house or not. Yay me!

It's 8:28pm right now, and I am sitting here typing up this blogpost and I am just about to get MyFavoriteKid into bed at 9, and then cleaning up, and packing lunch, oooo and possibly even a few minutes left over to knit a couple of rows (woohoo!), then I call TheMostImportantGuy to say hello/goodnight, and then...off to beddy bye land!!

(the torture of not watching Hereos, by the way....oh my gosh....but I am recording them and watching them with TheMIG when he comes for his midweek visit on Wed nights...very hard to wait, though)

So that was my plan, and I was going to stick to it, dammit. Turn the lights off and the tv off at 10pm and just make myself go to sleep (not that it would take much, I am sure).

And then I just remembered that it's Monday night.

I have a conference call every Monday night at 9:30pm with my bellydance co-teachers about our class later in the week. It occasionally starts later than 9:30, and it occasionally runs past 10, and I for some reason I cant manage to multi-task around the house while I am taking the call.

This call happens every Monday. It is not news. At some point during the day I recognize that it is in fact Monday, that the call is happening, and that I need to plan my evening accordingly. And then I forget all about it again. Sometimes right up until the minute the phone rings.

Fuckety-fuck-fuck!!!

(sorry for cursing. but that's how I feel right now.)



I think half the problem is that my life has become so danged routine, that I am finding it boring and predictable....and at the same time, I find it completley irritating that even though it is routine, I CAN'T REMEMBER WHAT I AM DOING NEXT!
*sigh*

And there was a time kids, when I used to whine because my life was too chaotic and every day was different and needed some stability and routine. Bwahahahaha.
Grass is always greener, I guess.

1 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, I so hear you about life being routine but not keeping up. It's not so exciting over here, either. But I used to complain there wasn't more time to sit - ha! Anyway, I hear you exactly. I don't have a t.v. but have recently been told I could watch "Heroes" on the 'net. =)