Friday, August 29, 2008

pooped out, sooooo.....

....it'll have to be snaps on Friday. In addition to Snaps On Saturday. Maybe even SnapsAllWeekend, if I can't get some rest. I feel so fatigued. The earlier morning wake up call for school is killing me. My day begins an hour earlier than it did last year. Gah.

Anyhow.
I was dinking around yesterday with some eye makeup and snapped a whole bunch of photos of my face in the process.


Crows feet. Gray hairs. Moles. Double chins.

I has dem.






I felt lovely while looking in the mirror actually, so I'll just go on blaming the camera for the shots I don't like as much. I really do need to figure out how to use some of the advanced settings. Surely one of them is a softening of the face type of feature. And if there is a red-eye reduction, surely there must be something that takes out the gray, no? hahaha

Anyhow, I actually do like the photos, kids...so chill. And I like me. I am just noticing changes.
I find it fascinating.
And I am wondering if maybe I'm approaching the age where I need to switch from sparkly finishes to matte.

6 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Try dropping some of them into black and white if you have a programme on your computer for doing that. I've been having a lot of fun playing with B&Wand creating moody shots

InkyW said...

i think you're beautiful ;)

but i'm also thinking I want this new casio camera with the "make up" function that makes you look younger/better: http://techon.nikkeibp.co.jp/english/NEWS_EN/20080825/156804/

Mouse said...

Love the makeup!

jodi said...

I love gray hair. I started parting my hair on the left just in order to better show off the tiny barely-a-patch of gray there (hoping that with some good lovin' it'll be encouraged to become a real streak).

Faces are so much more beautiful in motion, made up of tiny little nuances of expression and movements. That stuff is impossible to capture in a still photograph, which isolates one split second of that movement so that charming bits and weird bits and funny bits and all present at once and you look at it and wonder why it doesn't really capture what you see in the mirror. Sometimes I look at the pictures I post of myself online and think: my internet peoples have no idea what I really look like.

~Donna~ said...

Hey girl, lovely as usual...chemicals be the only thing that gets rid of the gray. I'm thinking of dropping out of the whole chemical scene myself, so next time you see me, there might be grays...

Anonymous said...

Your eyes are lovely, and they won't change!

I went gray early and have had lots of people comment on my great gray hair. Funny that no one ever said anything about my great brown hair when I was young.