Sunday, August 31, 2008

fun day

MyFavoriteKid went swimming over at my mom and dad's for a bit today, so TheMostImportantGuy and I took the opportunity to do some backroads exploring. It's interesting where I live. You can be at a shopping area cruising Best Buy and Costco, and then 10 minutes down the road be out near some little reservoir on some nearly deserted road.

Neato.

While out there, I got the closest look I have ever had a turkey vulture:



I know some folks find them ugly, but I find them beautiful :-)
Whenever I see one, I like to think it's a sign from The Universe to "waste not, want not."


Later in the evening we (MyFK included) drove up into Napa proper for the Friends of The River annual fundraising event.



Sorry so dark, but you get the gist. Lots of people. On a river. Food booths. Wine (hey, it's Napa). Symphony performaing. Playing music to fireworks.



It was great fun.

Kid is now in bed, and now I'm off to cuddle with the sweetheart.

3 comments:

MonikaRose said...

Hello, been reading your blog for a while, enjoy follwing your days, great fireworks shot. Here is my blog, first one ever.. monikarosecrochets.blogspot.com
you are most welcomed and spread the word.. thanks..HAVE A GREAT DAY..i am also on etsy, bought same stitch markers like you did, etsy inspired me so i open my own shop.. monikarose.etsy.com
cya..Monika

Carol said...

"My mama done told me, Bring home something for dinner."

I know you'll get that. (;

Kim Ayres said...

Is a turkey vulture a bird that eats itself on Thanksgiving?