Thursday, July 03, 2008

things around my house thursday, 23 of 52

I still have a thing or two on the walls to show, but yesterday I promised to show where I keep my yarn, and I'm actually quite busy knitting with it at the moment, so that is all I am going to show today.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Things Around My House Thursday, #23 of 52

The yarn closet.




Okay. So if you've been following along, the bookcase on the right there is the one in my bedroom that has the books arranged by color. I've had that bookcase since 1994 and it was given to me by a neighbor who was moving and didn't want it in their new home. On top of the bookcase are 3 white containers, that I scored at Ikea in the damaged section for $1 each. One of them holds a vase of yarn. I love that. Skeins don't die like flowers, and are far more inspirational.

This whole bookcase set up runs alongside the side of the bed that TheMostImportantGuy sleeps on when he comes to visit, and so that is why at the foot of the bed, you see a "personal valet" there. I wanted him to always have a nice place to hang his stuff (another awesome find, $10 at a thrift store).
You can see the bed, but that is a reflection of it in the mirror, because I have a triple wide closet with mirrored doors. It basically takes up one whole wall of the room. One of these days I need to show you the inside of the closet, because it is truly a wonder to behold. It's one of those fancy built-in closet systems with the pull out drawers and all that jazz, and there is even a set up in the middle of it for the tv, it is so big. But more on that another day.

So the right hand portion of this big closet, is where I keep my stash. On the bottom shelf there is some knitting magazines and patterns. There is another space underneath the mags (you can't see it in the photo, sorry), and that is where I store my needles, plus my swift and ballwinder. Inside the three big boxes (plus the two little boxes at the top) are the yarn.

It's a lot of yarn. And it was so full I couldn't fit anything else in there. I've pulled out some stuff to pass along, and I've reorganized. I still have a few issues in there I need to deal with, mostly deciding what to do with the UFO's (UnFinishedObjects). Meanwhile, while I'm pondering that, I will be working on taking photos of the yarn and getting them uploaded into my Ravelry account so I can keep track of it. Or be able to look at it without having to open a box. Kinda silly, in a way, for one who is so kinesthetic like me.

Anyhow, like I said yesterday, the photographing an online filing probably wont happen until I'm back from being on tour out of town visitors have come and gone....so that would mean late August, I suppose.

Meanwhile, I'm very busy knitting away on some stuff, so I'm going to sign out and get back at it!

2 comments:

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

I love the yarn in the containers. I need to actually deal with my stash, at first I didn't have much so I kind of stuffed but it's not inspiring, it's turning into clutter. Which is an awful thing for beautiful yarn to be!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

dragonfly ~ yeah, actually the yarn that inspires me the most is the stuff sitting out in the vase instead of flowers. It makes me so happy.