Friday, June 20, 2008

whose birthday is it?


Well, it's MyFavoriteKid's!!
Today he turns 11 years old.
Tonight all the family is meeting at Benihana for dinner (MyFK's choice), and then on Sunday, he is having a party with all of his friends at PumpItUp (basically an entire building that packed with air filled jumping bounce houses...ie total insanity).

I am certainly not the first mom ever to state that when your kid celebrates a birthday, you somehow celebrate it yourself. I dont' usually feel that way though, but this year is the exception. I've been all trippin' down memory lane for two days now, and I'm not sure if it's because he's just matured so much this year, or if it's because he starts middle school in the fall, or if it's because his feet are now big enough to wear my shoes.


MyFK's shoes age 1, MyFK's shoes age 11
*sniff sniff*


Happy Birthday, Baby!
Sorry, dude....I know you aren't a baby, but you'll always be my baby....not much I can do about that ;-)

10 comments:

~Donna~ said...

awwww...know how you feel Mom....Spencer's coming up on his 14th next Wednesday...sigh...His feet are BIGGER than mine...and of course, he's taller as well now. SIGH!!!

jodi said...

Happy birthday, FK! Shrimp chips all around!

Djinn Jen said...

PumpItUp. I have a friend who worked there her senior year of college. Insanity is the only correct word to describe the place!

InkyW said...

Happy Birthday FK!! Benihana's is a great choice for celebrating.

Kerry said...

Happy, happy birthday FK!!!

Just think Mom, only 2 more years til he's a teenager. Yikes!

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Happy Birthday, FK!

My 'baby' will be 22 in August. I'm still waiting for him to support me...;)

The Bon said...

Happy Birthday FK!

B-Totally talked to a woman from the el cerrito group spindles and flyers. sounds like a totally fun group, i think you would like at least the folks I met. I have this feeling that we talked about this group before, but I'll be sure to fill you in next time i catch you.

Mouse said...

Happy Birthday FK! Hope its a great one!

Kim Ayres said...

Happy Birthday - hope it was a great one!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

donna ~ it's going too fast

jodi ~ he said HI back!! (see note to mouse below, too)

d.jen ~ I cannot even imagine working there LOLOL. I'd need medication.

inky ~ I passed him the good wishes!

kerry ~ passed it along and OMG I do NOT want to know.

rachel ~ yeah, that'll be the day LOL

bon ~ wishes duly noted, and thanks so much for the spinning hook up *hugs*

mouse ~ he wants you (and Jodi, too) to know that one of his buddies gave him a Naruto sleeping cap hahaha

kim ~ I enjoyed it, too ;-)