Thursday, June 26, 2008

things around my house thursday, 21 and 22 of 52

Still examining the things on my walls, we are.....
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Things Around My House #21)

Well, last week I made mention of the Albatross Pub in Berkeley. Lovely place if you have never been, kids. Old fashioned pop-corn cart, darts, pool tables, board games, and a weekly trivia contest. Woohoo!

Anyhow, one night I was in there with TheMostImportantGuy, and while we were imbibing, I was checking out the current artwork hanging on the walls (it rotates, gallery style). There was this one image I just absolutely fell in love with. It was of a full moon with some bare branches around it.

Now, I've been TheAmpuT and this has been AmpuTeeHee ever since the beginning of this blog when I intended it only to be a place where I would record the host of stupidly funny things that happen due to missing an appendage (turns out the blog has been used for much more than that, and perhaps even hardly that). Anyhow, point is.....if you know me outside this blog, you'll know that my real user id's and emails and whatnot refer to me as MoonWoman. I have been MoonWoman for close to 20 years now, and there's a whole story behind it, but for the sake of this post, let's just say that I saw the art with the moon and it resonated so deeply with me that I wanted to buy it. But couldn't afford it.

I took the guys card, and held onto it for a long time. And then lost it in the move. I googled every whichaway come Sunday, and couldn't find the guy. I went back to the bar finally (this was months later, and the exhibit had come and gone), and all they could tell me was that they thought he was from Emeryville.

Took me another few weeks, but I finally found him. He is Stephen Lefkovits of Pacific Landscapes. Once I finally tracked him down, I got to meet with him at his gallery and have some tea. He is truly one fantastic photographer.

This is the image :



Now, when I first saw it, I couldn't tell if it was a painting or what. It has this really soft feel to it. But it turns out that it is a photograph that is printed onto wrapped canvas. It's called "Blue Puzzle".

This is where it lives:




It's over the alter-ish thing of many boxes in my bedroom, and I apologize for being to lazy to crop out my open closet and bathroom door. Duh.

Anyhow, here is the thing. This is the piece I first saw of his that I coveted enough to take a few months to track him down. It is NOT the first piece I bought from him, though. See, once I found his website, I fell in love with another piece, and I bought that one FIRST (and then went back for the one with the moon later).


(Things Around My House #22)
Here's what I purchased first:



Shut up. It's not what you think. IT IS SNOW. It's snow that has drifted over some rocks on a river in Yellowstone. It is called, "Snow Pillows III".

It lives on the opposing wall of the alter o' boxes, and it's pretty damn sexy having it in the boudoir, if ya' don't mind my sayin' so ;-)


I kinda just realized that from this angle it looks like either the flower is giving the buns a little slap and tickle....or if that aint it, perhaps maybe girls really do fart flower petals....hahahaha.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So that is this week's installment.
Although, hey---Mouse. Remember I told you one time that I was arranging my books on the bookshelf by color?? There it is up there!

7 comments:

The Bon said...

I get arranging them by color for aesthetics, but man, how do you find anything? I guess the shelf isn't that big, though. Love the photos!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

bon ~ 1) It's not enough books to be a problem. 2) It's interesting, but I associate the color of the jacket with the book itself, so when I go looking for something, I see the color in my head anyhow, and 3) it's embarrassing how little I read (remember? if I have time on my hands, I'd rather be knitting!)

~Donna~ said...

OMG...I love those photos. I've been wanting to do that with some of mine...just never got around to it, nor saved up the money for it.

Mouse said...

Love the way the books look.. and I love those photographs. I really like the "things around my house" posts.. your house is really gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a post by esteemed correspondent Leslee about a piece of art here in Boston:

http://3rdhouseparty.typepad.com/blog/2007/05/ica_boston.html

hahahaha

Dragonfly7673 (Vicki) said...

I love both those photos! My books are definitely not color coordinated but my sister was startled today when I mentioned that they are organized by genre, series or author... (they look messy but there's a rhyme to my madness)

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

donna ~ wait til you see them in person! ;-)

mouse ~ thank you. It's a palace compared to the shack I lived in before I moved here LOL

sara ~ omg, you totally crack me up

dragonfly ~ yeah, I only do this with the books I keep in the bedroom. I was really going for a serene feeling, and it does that for me!