Thursday, June 19, 2008

things around my house thursday, 19 & 20 of 52

Hey, look! I am catching up! (I should be on 25....I'm closing the gap here kids).

More about the art on my walls.

Things Around My House #19

After buying Jodi's piece (shown last week), I went on a roll a bought a few more things for the new home. This first one was bought even though I had no idea where it was going to go. I just totally fell in love with it.


It's a print from The Black Apple called "Corner Girl". I love her. It was hard to choose between this print and The Waiting print. I almost bought both, I love them so much. But if you put those two together, you get a deep look into my psyche, and....well....get outa my head ;-)


Things Around My House #20


I week or two after I moved into the new house, I had a little time to kill and that's when I ran into this next thing I have for walls. There is an awesome collectibles shop (for the locals, it's the little dive on San Pablo Ave in Berkeley right next door to the Albatross Pub). This place is a crazy collection of strangeness, and the owners are a hoot. You never know when it's going to be open because they just sorta show up when they feel like it.

Anyhow, I scored this:



It's the real thing. Very old. Very heavy. Tin, I guess? I bought it because the second I saw it, I knew right then and there that I was going to hang it with the Corner Girl print in my bright assed yeller laundry room.



Pretty cheery, eh?

I like it.

5 comments:

~Donna~ said...

OMG...always wondered what was in that shop. I'm over there every so often, but I've never had the time to wander in and check it out. GOing to have to go next time i've over there now. :)

Anonymous said...

i LOVE black apple and her stuff on etsy :) i've never gotten around to purchasing anything from her. must be remedied!

loving your blog and yer cheery 'lellow laundry room :)

kasiaiscarly said...

What a great Etsy shop. Reminds me of AnneJulie. Have you checked out her shop?

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=12865

jane said...

love the color! have it in my kitchen. love your blog too.

xxx

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

donna ~ it is TOTALLY worth the trip in there

naomi ~ yes, great shop! And thanks!

kasiaiscarly ~ yes, I have seen it before, but thanks for reminding me! I hadn't been in awhile.

jane ~ thanks, and THANKS!