Thursday, April 24, 2008

more upcoming shows

So I already mentioned that this Saturday night I am performing with Dandelion Dancetheater (read about that one here).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have other events coming up the following week with the BellyDance troupe I co-teach/co-direct, The Sabah Ensemble. These events are part of Bay Area National Dance Week....

....which should really be called "Bay Area Dance Week and a Half". It's a program packed full of free dance classes and performances. Our troupe will be doing both.

The Sabah Ensemble (ie yours truly) will be teaching a free bellydance class Thursday May 1st from 7:45pm-9:45pm. The ad reads:

Belly Dance From The Inside Out
Imagery, body alignment, awareness and technique lead us to the expressive, ancient dance form of belly dancing. All levels welcome. Wear comfortable clothing and bring a blanket or a mat. Taught by the Sabah Ensemble. Please call to reserve a place.
Western Sky Studio - 2525 Eight St (Dwight Way), Berkeley CA 510.848.4878
FREE!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The performance will be held during Dance-A-Rama:


(sorry for the quality, I don't have a scanner, and it's late and I'm tired!)

Through the fuzz though, maybe you can make out that the shows begin at 1pm, and the Sabah Ensemble will be performing between 4p-5p hour. It's all happening at the same studio (Western Sky) noted above. After the performance is the best part: snacks ;-)
Also Free!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If any of you come to any of these things, do make sure to say hi!!

3 comments:

Mouse said...

I definitely want to take the bellydance class but I think it might be a little bit of a drive to get there from Georgia!

JohnK said...

This makes me want to be rich with loads of free time on my hands. I'd be at the performance in a second, well a few hours from Philly. Maybe it will be taped?

Gray said...

I hope that your last performance went well. And you are continuing to do more this week! I'm really impressed!

-Gray