Friday, April 04, 2008

leg room

I'm wiped.
It's just past 10pm Eastern time, and I am supposed to feel like it's 7pm Pacific.

But it doesn't.

Because we had to wake up at 3am to get to the airport to catch our bungled flight, and 3am Pacific was really 6am Eastern, so....

Oh,nevermind.


Ya' know, ever since I have been a gimp, when I take to the friendly skies they always try to stick me in the bulkhead (which I don't like because there is no seat in front of me to stick my bag underneath). I think they assume disabled folk need the extra space or something...?

Today was a slight exception---there was no bulkhead in the tiny commuter plane hopping us to the transfer hub. Instead, they stuck me right behind the first class section, which still gave me more leg room than any other row of coach seats on the plane.

At which point, I wondered (out loud, due to exhausted delirium), why on earth would you seat someone with one leg in the only row that has more leg room???



That cracked up several of my fellow passengers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a good trip!

Love, Karen the DL

Felicia said...

Oh, that's too good! I'm reading this thinking "so what's the big deal with the leg room?" and then the lightbulb comes on!

Have a great trip.