Sunday, March 16, 2008

today was a good one

I had a late night with the performance. Bellydance is no fun on a full stomach, so that meant a huge late night meal when I got home. I was famished.

Even with staying up late, I woke up naturally and feeling refreshed at about 6:30am, which means my body is finally getting used to the time change. MyFavoriteKid was off at his dad's for the weekend, and TheMostImportantGuy was over and slept in until about 10:45am.

That meant that I had quiet morning time...one of my favorite things ever. I watched a few interesting programs on PBS and I knit for a good long while. Once TheMIG woke up, I made a big breakfast scramble for us, and then her helped me reorganize my garage, making it significantly easier for me to maneuver. For that I am so thankful.

TheMIG left late in the afternoon, and when then TheEx came by to drop off MyFK, I served him a belated birthday/St.Patrick's day dinner.

corned beef and cabbage, of course
I cook mine up with caraway seeds and a clove studded orange

My dad had stopped by earlier in the day to drop off a Shamrock plant (my mom said it was for my "tablescape," which leads me to believe she is watching far too much Sandra Lee. Although maybe I should have at least had "cocktail time!").



I photographed it in the daylight for the blog, and good thing. As it turns out, I have about 5 more minutes to use it to enter a contest over at the FairyGodKnitter's (one of my new favorite people---we "met" on Ravelry!). For the contest, I was to link to something green on my blog, and was surprised to realize I have very little of it!

I am glad that green is in the next phase of Project Spectrum.

3 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

Get a camera, upload to YouTube and embed a movie of you belly dancing. I'm sure I'm not the only reader of yours who's intrigued

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

kim ~ Workin' on it. The last solo I did was poorly lit, and I danced wearing a silver mask, so even more lighting issues there. I will have a video of Saturday's bellydance, but I would need approval from the rest of the troupe before being able to upload it anywhere. We are meeting Monday night to view the video together (a Sabah Ensemble tradtion), and I will speak to them at that time. I DO have a small blip of modern dance work that was filmed a week or so ago, and it will be available here on the blog in a few days.

Emma said...

Wow, the Shamrock plant is pretty awesome.