Saturday, February 16, 2008

snaps on saturday

How does your garden grow?


Quite frankly, I have no idea how it grows!! I am enjoying my first full year in the new house, watching the seasons turn, and it has been full of surprises.

I had a shiny-happy moment when I saw these daffodils the other day, because I had know idea bulbs were planted there. When I moved into the house in the summer, these had already been spent and cut down.

These are near the landing for the front door. Since I park in the garage, I enter my house through the door between the garage and the den. I hadn't paid much attention to what was happening near the front entry way. What a treat! It's been nice having so many peeks into spring this past week.

5 comments:

Kim Ayres said...

No sign of daffs here yet. Plenty of snowdrops still and the occasional crocus. A bit more global warming is required

JohnK said...

ah, california.

We have a few more weeks to go.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love daffodils.

FUZZARELLY said...

These things are one of the joys of a new house! Happy Happy!

Mine are sprouting, but not blooming yet, here in southern Indiana.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

kim ~ I'm sure there is someone out there working on that for you.

John ~ I think we are going to have at least one more cold snap here before all is said and done.

tamarj ~ meeeee toooo :-)

fuzzarelly ~ I have been taking photos of the tree out front each equinox or solstice. I can't to see them all together!