Saturday, February 09, 2008

snaps on saturday

Shots from last night's show......

Heavyface


Their myspace page describes themselves as "Punk / Grunge / Healing & EasyListening" (hahahahaha!). Hmmm, well let me see....I could only audibly make out one line of their lyrics the whole set, and that would have been, "Who you calling a faggot, faggot?!?" In context of the music and the stage show, that was actually quite funny.

Their music was described to me as being "post-punk"...not what I would choose to listen to driving down the street, but I totally enjoyed their show. The singer was super fun to watch. He was sort of twitchy. MyFavoriteKid and I decided he looked like he had to pee.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Scar Tissue



Everything I try to write about my boyfriend's band makes me sound like a friggin' drooling groupie, so I am going to spare you the gushing.



I will say, though, that they were impossible for me to photograph (I'm not using a fancy camera, obviously). The lighting was dim and TheMostImportantGuy was glowing in the dark. Not so compatible with the flash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Babyland





Great fun, as always, but what a night for MyFavoriteKid.

It was an all ages show, but MyFK was clearly the youngest in the crowd. When Babyland went on, MyFk couldn't see over all the tall folk, so I grabbed him a chair for him to stand on, and got him set up in front of the soundboard. At some point during the show, the singer made super duper direct eye contact with MyFK and waved to him to come up front. MyFK looked at me with a shy smile, and I told him to go for it, so he off he went. He stayed right up against the stage, just to the left of the bouncy-dancy-but-not-quite-a-mosh-pit people. And then MyFK started bouncing and dancing and not quite moshing. He had a blast.

Later on in the set, the singer announced to the audience that he was dedicating the next song to MyFK. It was great. The singer came down into the crowd and moshed around with him. After the gig, they got a chance to talk with each other and the singer gave MyFK three cd's.

MyFK saw it as his brush with fame, for sure. I think he'll be talking about it for awhile ;-)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That totally rocks! Ten years from now, he'll be able to brag that he was listening to "cool" music while all of his buddies were still listening to the Pop Top 40 hits :)

When my sister was 11, I took her to see my boyfriend's band play. She loved bouncing around with everyone else, and the guys gave her a tee-shirt at the end of their set. She still talks about it all the time (She's now 16).

MyFK is lucky to have such an awesome momma!

Mouse said...

MyFK is totally a lucky kid! Glad y'all had such a great night!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

JennaKate & Mouse ~ thanks :-) I bet he wont be thinking I'm cool in a few years though (I kinda figure it's his job to hate me through his teens). But if he comes back to thinking I'm cool again later, well..yay!

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday a little late and I am so envious of your new Roadtrek. I want one so badly I can taste it. How much of your stash can you get in it?
Joan in Reno

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Joan ~ Thank you for the bday greeting! As for the Roadtrek, it is very tasty...and I think there is plenty of room for stash. Except my goal is to only bring one project, maybe socks, and then leave room for shopping LOL.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

Joan ~ P.S. although I have a hunch that the gas bill for this thing is going to eat up the yarn money. But ya' know...we have our ways ;-)