Thursday, January 24, 2008

things around my house thursday, 4 of 52

Wow, this weekly thing feels like it makes time speed up!

Things Around My House Thursday


The "Kiss Me, I'm a Hero" box.
Hahahaha. Just kidding.
The items are actually unrelated. They just share a common space on the altar :-)


Ahhh, the kissing thing. Well, it's a postcard I bought somewhere or another. I've never really looked at the back until now. The image is called, "Wild side of life". It's by Frank Schott / Tushita.

There is something about the image that embodies the type of passion that I want in my romantic relationship with TheMostImportantGuy. I like to feel this way about him as often as possible :-)

The picture also makes me think about the quantity (not the end result quality, obviously) of passion that I would like to have in other important areas in my life. The kind of passion that makes you want to crawl across the table for something if you have to, to get what it is you want out of life. The reach out and grab it, sort of feeling. The feeling of wanting something enough to be motivated to go and get it. Going for it without too much thinking, but doing it with a little more gusto or wild abandon.

And by crawling across the table, by the way, I mean figuratively crawling across the table. I haven't mastered a good one-legged crawl yet. I look pretty silly. LOL



As for the little trophy, you can see a close-up of it here, where you can also find a link to the artist, Brooke Fletcher.

Just after the 1st anniversary of the accident, I put together a fundraising concert (it benefitted myself....special, eh? LOL). See, I had been granted a scholarship to attend a week long workshop with Axis Dance Company, but it was held in Seattle, and I couldn't afford the hotel and airfare. The concert raised the needed funds so I could pay for travel.

The concert was called, "Amplitude: a benefit for (TheAmpuT) as she dances in different directions.

Amplitude was defined (for the purposes of the program) as:
1) the quality or state of being ample; fullness
2) the extent or range of a quality, property, process, or phenomenon

Many people attended and donated in financial support, and my closest dancing tribe supported me by performing at the concert. The show opened with a duet with me and TheMostImportantGuy. He performed live percussion and looped different sounds together live onstage, and I danced to them. One of my co-teachers, KarenTheDancingLurker (who occasionally delurks here LOL), performed a solo. My good friend Lieven did some firedancing. My other co-teacher, Michelle, did a duet with Sharon, a longtime troupe member. And Sharon also performed a solo. The concert ended with a solo I had choreographed for myself called, "Door Number 3."

Anyhow, back to the trophy (wow, do I digress, or what??!)...
it was given to me after the show, and I just love it. I mean, I appreciated all of the other accident related gifts I received that first year, but most of them had the tone of comfort or sympathy tied to them, if that makes any sense. This gift was extremely empowering to me.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Wow, that sounds like it would have been a fun concert to see. Good for you for devising a way to make your trip happen. Very ingenious!

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

carrie ~ thanks!