Tuesday, January 01, 2008

365 bottles of beer on the wall...365 bottles of beeeeeer...

...except that is a leap year...so that makes 366 bottles of beer....except that NoBloPoYearMo isn't including the leap day as required posting...sooooooo....that means only 365 posts, buuuuut...

gimme another beer anyhow???
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Here at the HouseOfAmpuT, you do not get your end of year wrap-up before the end of year. Ohhh no, no, no.
Day late, dollar short.
That's the motto here kids.

2007 was a year of massive transition and change for me.

* The lawsuit was settled.
* I purged and purged and purged mountains of crapola out of a house I had lived in for 9 years without ever purging.
* I bought a new house and moved.
* I decorated the new house with many new things, including (for the first time in my life) color on the walls.
* I resumed dancing and performing with Dandelion Dancetheater.
* I created a new bellydance solo that, for the first time in a long while, did not rely on my use facial expression to communicate the intention of the piece (I did this by way of wearing a mask).
* I turned 40.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


And now, for my own entertainment, I shall do as I have done before:
Here is the first line of the first blogpost of each month.

January
I've been trying to do up a post about New Year's Eve, and not only can I not get my shit together mentally, but I can't get it looking good either.

February
I don't know about you, but I'm sitting here trying to figure out where the hell January went.

March
The accident will always be a life defining moment.

April
I've come to understand something.

May
The new laptop.

June
Today I drove down to TheMostImportantGuy's work and took him out for a birthday lunch.

July
Moving day is (finally) here.

August
I can't even tell you how many times I have tried to post something and then been sidetracked by the whispers of items still in boxes....you misssss me...unpaaaaack me......you neeeeeeed me.....

September
Did any of you catch this one?

October

Boo! D'ya miss me???

November
I'm not sure if I've ever written about this here before.

December
Happy Channukah, for those who celebrate.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


(1 down, 364 to go)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's quite a synopsis! Congratulations. :)

More new stuff coming, small stuff, so I hope there's room. The elves have been slacking, but I have your address and I know how to use it. I just have to get those lazy bastards off their pointy little asses.

Oh, and by "them" I mean me. And by "pointy little asses" I mean -- never mind. You know what I mean, and it's neither pointy nor little.

(sigh)

Ragnar said...

Damn decent of them to cut you some slack for leap year....if you post on leap day does that give you a freebie that you can cash in if you have a blogging emergency?

This is sort of random but I took a shower the other night after putting the baby to sleep, only the baby didn't stay asleep. When I got out of the shower his papa was bouncing him and singing "99 bottles of beer on the wall." Startin' 'em young.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

sara ~ Always room in my house for handmade goodness, woman. Robot leg, pointy ass. What an image.

ragnar ~ yeah, I was wondering the same thing. I think it should be a "get of jail free" card or something. At least papa wasn't telling him stories about girls from Nantucket ;-)

Anonymous said...

Wow it's very brave to do the 365 days thing. My blog seems to gradually get more and more neglected. I figure it's all about ebb and flow. Or at least I hope so.

MsAmpuTeeHee said...

jodie ~ I can relate, trust me. And I guess I am hoping that if I ebb it a bit more, it will flow a bit more.