Sunday, November 18, 2007

can i go back now, please?

The weekend was great.

We started with a pit-stop at my favorite winery.



I know. Roasted garlic is not RawFood. Neither is imported cheese or rosemary flatebread :-)

We got to our destination, and checked in at the front desk for keys. Before going to our room, we stopped by the spa office to see if there were any slots available for massages later in the evening. There were two slots at the same time, but for then and there, on the spot. We went for it, and we separately, but simultaneously, both got all rubbed down. Then we went over to the dining hall and had a delicious vegetarian dinner. All of this was before we even made it over to our room or unloaded our car. It was already dark by the time we got there.

The room was more amazing than I had expected. It was this enormous dome shaped thing.



It was acoustically entertaining.



Outside of our room was a pool that was fed by the hot-springs, so we got to take a nice quiet soak before going to sleep.

Check out the view from the room I woke up to the next morning.



Saturday was more of the same. Body work, food, love, knitting (hey, I even finished something! pictures tomorrow), rest, soaking, peace, quiet. And Sunday was even more of the same.
Spoiled. Rotten.




I'm trying not to be a poo-butt, but the shift back to reality is proving a little difficult, as I sit here and type this. I think I will go to sleep now, close my eyes, and try to rewind the weekend in my mind a bit so I can prolong the happy feelings.
G'night.

7 comments:

Carol said...

Aw, I'm so glad you had a great time. At least you have a BBF order to look forward to receiving this week.....

xoxo

Janice in GA said...

Oh man, that all looks FABULOUS.

Re-entry is a bitch sometimes, though.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for being spoiled! :)

Carrie said...

Wow, that sounds so awesome! I'm glad you got to have such a wonderful trip =)

Gray said...

Wow, what a great weekend! Sounds like an extra nice place. Who wouldn't have trouble going back to reality?

Have a good week.

Rabbitch said...

Apparently it sucks to be you *g*

I'm glad you had such a wonderful time!

(formerly) no-blog-rachel said...

Ooh ooh! V. Sattui is our favorite too. Such a great spot and very nice customer service. Try flirting with one of the Sattui brothers if they're ever pouring in the tasting room. They'll open up bottles of stuff that aren't usually on the menu...

Glad you had a great time!