Tuesday, November 27, 2007

pay it forward

I cannot believe I am getting in a NaBloPoMo post this early in the morning. Dude, I haven't even had my cup o' tea yet.
It's kind of freeing, I tell ya'.
Not as freeing as December 1st will be, but yes. Freeing.

The only reason I have blog fodder this early in the day is because late night blog reading occasionally presents something cool, and this is what I found last night before I hit the sack.

I'd seen this crafty PayItForward thing whizzing around blogland, and I finally decided to bite the hook when I found a way in over at No-Blog-Rachel's blog. (And yes, I just find it damned odd that No-Blog-Rachel actually HAS a blog. I think she needs to be Why-Yes-In-Fact-I-Do-Have-A-Blog-Rachel. Or something.).

Anyhow.

Here's the deal:

I will send a handmade gift to the first 3 people who leave a comment on my blog requesting to join this PIF exchange. I don’t know what that gift will be yet and you may not receive it tomorrow or next week, but you will receive it within 365 days. That is my promise. The only thing you have to do in return is pay it forward by making the same promise on your blog.



I think this is really cool, and although I believe this round of PIF originated in eh KnitBlogCommunity, and although I love all things knitting and the whole KnitterlyGang out there, what I gift may not be handknit. It might. It might not. Just thought I'd mention that.

I'm kinda feeling crafty these days, and I am thinking this might just be the swift kick in the ass I need to do something different. I welcome anyone out there reading this who can create anything interesting to consider it being "handmade". Why can't a poet or a musician or something be one of the three who sign up. Why not?!!

Goodness, I hope I'm not being an anarchist and breaking the rules by suggesting that (umm yah, I'd just hate to be a rule breaker), but hey...handmade is handmade. So long as it can be gifted away, right??). And of course, knitters be welcome. I'm just sayin'. No one needs to be left out here, eh?



So. Do ya' wanna?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would if I could but I already am :-( IT is a lovely idea though isn't it :-)

Barbara from Nova Scotia said...

I'm in. Totally. PIF.

Anonymous said...

This is lovely. count me in.

~Donna~ said...

Word...count me in!