Saturday, September 08, 2007

i think the conversation had gone something like this

TheBon: "I'd like to send you some sort of housewarming gift. Is there something you'd like or need?"

TheAmpuT: "Actually, what I'd really love is some handknit dishcloths. My new kitchen is bright (effing) orange, and the ones I have from my last place are all greens and purples."

TheBon: "Oh, I will totally do that for you."

Since that conversation, I've gotten little updates here and there.... "I am knitting them now." "They're done, but I have to get to the post office to mail them." "They are on their way." .....and every time we chat about it, I have pictured two warshrags. TWO.

Look what came in the mail the other day.



Not two, but FIVE warshrags, in bright (effing) orange, plus an orange veggie brush, and a brown kitchen towel (the other predominant kitchen color because of the hardwood floors, which extend into the kitchen). She also tossed it party favors from her recent wedding, which included needlepoint bookmarks, M & M's (promtly inhaled--I'm surprised the even made it into the photo) in the wedding colors, and the most adorable kitchen magnets. She even put a gift for MyFavoriteKid in the package---a fossilized nautilus shell from Peru, which MyFK loves because he is quite the collector of fancy rocks and crystals.

Way more than two dishcloths, dude. Thanks, Bon!
(To all you knitbloggers out there, this is someone I "met" through the comments section of someone else's blog. We now chat online together all the time, and we have also met in person. All hail the mighty internet!)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lots of other goodies around here these days, and I hope to get photos up soon. I finally scored a real coffee table, and I am a couple of days away from having a real nightstand (which, like the coffee table, has also been a box). I'm getting some art up on the walls, and I am finishing up a custom framing project for a gorgeous piece of art I bought from MissJodiGreen. (here's a peek)




Have a good weekend, gang ;-)

11 comments:

jodi said...

Awesome, awesome! That is going to look great with the wine rack, too.

Anonymous said...

Originally it was going to be three [because I am not a fan of even numbers of things] but then I overestimated on the yarn and I liked knitting them so much that I just kept knitting. That last one got me through the freshest part of my grief, even. And then I couldn't JUST send the washrags, and of course you had to have some of the magnets from the wedding, and oh, I had the leftovers in the boxes still, so you needed those too. ;)

Carrie said...

Excellent gifties! You have good friends =) Nice job to theBon!

M-H said...

Can you email me? I'm visiting your part of the world soon and I've liost your email address...

Anonymous said...

Would you email me too? I've enjoyed your blog so far and have a question for you. regards, tim (tpoindexter at disaboom dot com)

Sheepish Annie said...

I'm not normally a fan of orange, but I have to say that I love those warshrags!!! The whole set of stuff is really pretty fabulous. How great it is that you got to meet such a neat person on the internets!

Gray said...

I sounds like the nesting is going fine. Have a great week!

-Gray

InkyW said...

pssst, can you email me your new snail mail addy. i finally got off my duff long enough to get a box and stuff. (haha i made a little poem)

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see what you got from jodi. I love her stuff!

Gray said...

happy October! I hope that all is well.

-Gray

Becky in Iowa :O) said...

hmmmm Goin on 2 months since we have gotten an update on you. Hope things are going well in your neck of the woods. Sure hope you aren't near the fires.